Dear Members of the Tennessee Land Title Association:
It is with mixed feelings that I announce that our Executive Director, Jill Trapp, will be leaving her position as Executive Director of the Tennessee Land Title Association at the end of May. Jill has accepted a new job opening with Old Republic National Title Insurance Company and will be a great addition to that company. Her hiring at Old Republic comes on the heels of another big announcement in the Tennessee title industry. Her husband, Wayne Trapp, is retiring from Old Republic and will trade the stress of the title insurance industry for the physical labor of running the farm in Watertown and for volunteer work in the community.
Now comes the difficult task of finding a replacement for Jill. I would like to begin this search by asking our own membership for possible candidates for this position. I would like to solicit your input as to possible candidates for this job. Inquiries and resumes may be addressed to my attention by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. There is flexibility in this position in that the Executive Director will work from home, and the work schedule is not a rigid 8 to 5 schedule. However, flexibility does not mean that there is not a lot of work. The following are a list of some of the duties performed by our Executive Director:
1. Organize and publish a newsletter.
2. Organize and prepare an annual convention, including preparing a budget, creating a brochure and helping identify speakers.
3. Soliciting sponsors, exhibitors, and drafting the agenda for the convention.
4. Communicating with membership and meeting with the TLTA Board regularly.
5. Working with our accountants on tax returns, budgets and all reporting.
6. Sending letters on dues and following up with reminders.
7. Working with the Tennessee Bar Association on the Hot Topics Seminar, including
soliciting sponsors and speakers.
8. Coordinating all TLTA seminars throughout the year, including the applications for CLE and CE credit, brochures and mailing materials.
9. Helping prepare minutes, budgets and agendas for all board meetings and for the convention.
10. Maintenance of the TLTA website.
11. Interfacing with the American Land Title Association.
12. Working with all TLTA committees.
13. Working with our lobbyist, Chuck Welch.
14. Coordinating and assisting in conference telephone calls for various boards of the TLTA.
The duties described above are only a limited number of the many jobs and responsibilities that have been performed by Jill Trapp during her tenure with the Tennessee Land Title Association. The Tennessee Land Title Association Board will be conducting the interviews and will identify a replacement for Jill Trapp.
Again, if you have any candidates for this position, please contact me by e-mail on or before May 8, 2013. The TLTA Board will begin the interviewing process as we receive resumes from potential candidates. It is our hope to hire a new Executive Director in late May so that Jill will be able to assist in this transition.
Thank you for your assistance in this matter.
Very Truly Yours,
Failed Bank List (from FDIC.gov) TLTA Membership Benefits Expanded to Include Preferred Providers!
The following TLTA Associate Members have joined the TLTA “Preferred Provider” program. As a Preferred Provider, they have agreed to offer their product/service at a discounted rate to TLTA members.
By paying the low, annual TLTA membership fee, you have the opportunity to see a huge return on your investment by taking advantage of these discounted services as well as the TLTA educational events offered throughout the year.We hope that TLTA members will look to these providers first when exploring new products or services.
• DATA TRACE • ENTRUST SOLUTIONS LLC • ESCROW ACCOUNTING SOLUTIONS, INC. • SOFTPRO • TSS SOFTWARE TLTA appreciates our vendors and thanks them for their generous support. TLTA cannot endorse any provider of services and must disclaim any liability for services performed or offered by such vendor.
For a list of TLTA members in your area, please choose the "Member Search" tab above.