Accounting/Bookkeeper/Escrow Account Reconciliation and Real Estate Closer Auditor
Fidelity National Financial - Franklin, TN , USA
This position will encompass both onsite and remote audits to include:
- Strong skills in understanding/reviewing 3-way Escrow Account Reconciliations. This includes an understanding of ensuring that the reconciliation reports are accurately reconciled.
- Knowledge of popular reconciliation software which include Rynoh, SoftPro, Qualia a plus.
- Review of closed real estate loans/files
- Title Insurance Rate testing
Must be willing to travel. Location to a major airport preferred for onsite travel as, necessary, on the average 1 week a month. Additional travel may be necessary for initial training purposes.
Territory: Tennessee, primarily as well as special projects in other states, as necessary.
- Analyze controls and accuracies of 3-way escrow account reconciliations, including reviewing and testing escrow accounts to insure numerical accuracy, including but not limited to, understanding all components of a 3-way reconciliation, investigating shortages and adjustments.
- Reviewing and documenting closed real estate files, including disbursement testing, rate testing and timely document recording.
- Organize and plan monthly audit schedule for both onsite and remote audits.
- IT competence to embrace working in a paper-less audit process which includes a cloud-based audit program, electronic document review, tick-marking and document upload.
- Ability to understand and articulate concerns during the audit process.
- Professionalism to effectively communicate with agent regarding audit results; answer questions and find solutions.
• 2- or 4-year college degree in accounting preferred but not mandatory if candidate possesses the above noted skill set.
• Desire to achieve professional certifications (CFE, CIA, etc.). Study materials and fees reimbursed by FNF upon completion.
- 3-way escrow account reconciliation process including understanding all supporting reports (bank balance, book balance and trial balance)
- General real estate closing process, including familiarity with title insurance, a plus
- Good oral, written, analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks as well as being self-motivated
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, PDF Xchange Editor (a plus) and the capacity to learn a cloud-based audit program
- Flexibility for planned travel